What is the Civil Engineering field?
- Civil Engineering is one of the oldest engineering disciplines that deals with the building constructions field. The field dates back to the first time when someone placed a roof over his or her head or laid a tree trunk across a river to make it easier to get across.
- Civil Engineering is an exciting profession for the job satisfaction it offers. This is because, at the end of the day one can see the results of his/her work, either it may be a completed bridge or a high-rise building, a subway station or a hydroelectric dam
- The civil engineers do a lot more than designing buildings and bridges. They bring a change in many lives of the people by building a home, an office, a factory, a hydroelectric power station, a railway station, an airport and the more
- The B.Tech/B.E Civil Engineering is an 4-years undergraduate course that is divided into 8-semesters
- The course deals with the study of different topics related to construction industry such as basic steel design, construction Project Management, Geotechnical engineering, transportation engineering, structural analysis, etc
- The course gives the detailed understanding of the civil subjects that are necessary for constructing a building or a construction marvel
- The students will be learning different aspects of physics, chemistry, that are necessary for building constructions
To get detailed information about B.Tech Civil Engineering and its importance, Please Click Here.
- The students who have completed their PUC or 10+2 with science background with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computer Science, Electronics and Statistics can join to B.Tech/B.E Civil Engineering course at the top engineering colleges in Bangalore
- The aspirants should have scored 50%(for General) and 40% (Others) aggregate in their PUC or 10+2 classes
- The students interested in this course are required to qualify competitive exams like CET/COMED-K/JEE Mains with high marks in order to get merit seats in various colleges.
To know more in detail about each entrance exam please Click Here.
The students with relevant qualifications can join the B.Tech/B.E Civil Engineering course in top engineering colleges in Bangalore by two modes. They are
- Merit based admission
- Direct based admission
Let’s discuss in detail
1. Merit Admission
- The students who are interested to join B.Tech/B.E Civil Engineering degree should mandatorily appear for CET/COMED-K/JEE or institutional-based entrance exams and undergo counselling to choose their desired colleges for merit seats
- The top engineering colleges in Bangalore allots the merit seats to the students according to their rankings and marks obtained by them in their entrance exams and marks scored in PUC or 10+2 classes
There are two types of counselling for the B.Tech/B.E students
Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) Counselling
- The students who are interested to join the government engineering colleges and other engineering colleges affiliated to the government should undergo the counselling procedures of Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA)
- The students who intend to join for the merit seats under government quota are required to complete the counselling procedures and join for the programme in their chosen colleges
- The engineering colleges under the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) are affiliated to the Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU)
- The students who are interested to join the private autonomous engineering colleges and deemed universities that are affiliated to All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) are required to apply for the COMED-K counselling procedures.
- The students should qualify the COMED-K counselling procedures to get admission to their desired private autonomous engineering colleges or deemed universities for the programme
2. Direct Admission
The students have another option of getting admission to B.Tech/B.E Civil Engineering course by direct admission process to top engineering colleges in Bangalore
- Under this mode of admission, the students are given direct admission to their desired colleges under management quota
- The direct admission students enjoy many special privileges like that they are not required to apply for any entrance exam for getting admissions
- They have an option to choose their desired colleges and universities and book their seats in advance even before the starting of the academic year
To get more details about admission to B.Tech Civil Engineering, the students can call us at +918095797575. The students can send email to: email@example.com
Career & Scope
- A career after civil engineering is highly rewarding. A career as a civil engineer offers several lucrative job avenues in both public and private sector
- There are jobs that involve supervisions, construction, design and analysis of private as well as public projects such as dams, highways, canals, water sewages and bridges
- The profession demands excellent skills for both administration and supervision of projects
- Some popular options include consulting firms, railways, defence force and municipal corporations
- The civil engineering students can even join to higher studies like M.Tech/M.E or MS Programmes in relevant domain
Job Roles available for B.Tech Civil Engineering Students
- Construction Manager: Construction Managers are bosses of the working sites. With knowledge on the most basic things, like weather, costs, team and time management, managers have to be the eyes and ears of the person who hired them and have to see that everything works smoothly.
Salary Range: 4 lakhs to 6 lakhs
- Geotechnical Engineer: The Geotechnical Engineers have to be on the lookout for everything nature-related and know how to manage waste disposal, flood control. When and where to build a dam or a bridge and so on. He/she is responsible to do a field study before taking up a construction project
Salary Range: 5 lakhs to 7 lakhs
- Environmental Engineer: Environmental Engineers are the closest we have to superheroes, as they take care of the planet and allow us to keep living. The environmental engineer is essential to restore landscapes and nature from what other people ruin. As an environmental engineer one will get to explain to other people what a healthy indoor and outdoor environment and how it is helping us to stay alive
Salary Range: 4 lakhs to 6 lakhs
- Transportation Engineer: The transportation engineer is responsible for taking care of subways, trams, roads, highways. They are responsible to maintain regular checks of all the public amenities and ensure that they are fixed at proper periods
Salary Range: 4 lakhs to 6 lakhs
Top Recruiters for B.Tech/B.E Civil Engineering students
Some of the top recruiters for B.Tech/B.E Civil Engineering students are from top engineering colleges in Bangalore are:
- Sobha Developers
- Prestige Builders
- Brigade Group
- Puravankara Developers