Introduction to B.Tech/BE Electrical & Electronics Engineering- Electric Mobility & Smart Systems
The B.Tech/BE Electrical & Electronics Engineering-Electrical Mobility & Smart Systems is an 4-years undergraduate course that is divided into 8-semesters. The B.Tech Electrical & Electronics (Mobility & Smart Systems) is one of the popular engineering courses offered in top 10 engineering colleges in Bangalore.
- The course deals with electric powered vehicular systems that focus on zero carbon emissions. Technology is the need of the hour to protect our planet from global warming.
- The course helps the students to get a detailed knowledge of e-mobility and smart systems and help them to design new innovations and new vehicles with zero emission standards.
- The course is a unique blend of various learning modules including experimental and project-based learning for better understanding.
The students with relevant qualifications can join the B.Tech/BE Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Electronics Mobility and Smart Systems) course in two modes. The first one is Merit based admission and the second one under NRI/Management quota.
Career & Scope
The B.Tech/BE Electrical & Electronics Engineering-Electrical Mobility and Smart systems students are in huge demand in recent years. With the advent of E-Mobility there has been a huge demand for skilled professionals.
Some of the job roles available are
Battery Management System Engineers: Roles & Responsibilities
- The Battery Management engineers are responsible to develop and maintain batteries in the electrical vehicles.
- Though it is still available in current automotive market but with the incoming of fully electric vehicles, the battery capacity (from 12/24V to 352V) and requires high expertise
- The expertise needed in this domain will increase and so there is a huge requirement in this field.
- The battery management engineers are responsible to provide technical delivery of battery management systems for energy storage projects
- The battery management engineers are expected to support the clients on technical issues and resolve them
- The battery management engineers are responsible to focus on high technical input for on-time and on-budget deliver
- The battery management engineers are expected to take technical ownership of areas of the electronic hardware design, development and validation of automotive electronic system components for high voltage vehicle battery systems
Average Salary: 4 Lakhs to 6 Lakhs Per Annum
Battery Algorithms Engineer: Roles and Responsibilities
- The Battery Algorithms Engineer is responsible to model, develop, specify, and implement control and estimation algorithms for high voltage batteries.
- The battery algorithms engineers are expected to develop innovative techniques to increase the battery efficiency and observe its behaviour over a period of time.
- The battery algorithms engineer is responsible for analyzing the algorithm and hands-on experience with MATLAB\Simulink will be useful.
- The battery algorithm engineers are responsible to develop and code algorithms to estimate State of charge and State of Power of battery systems.
- The battery algorithm engineers are responsible to develop machine learning algorithms or mathematical models to predict lifetime cell mechanical and electrical performance
- The battery algorithm engineers are responsible to develop models to estimate and optimize cell and pack performance in the design phase.
- The battery algorithm engineers are responsible to develop and test methods to evaluate such new algorithms
- The battery algorithm engineers are expected to develop new functions to help further the active health management goals based on new behavioural discoveries on cells from Cell Engineering to address cell degradation
- Battery algorithm engineers are required to reduce the complexity of estimation algorithms so that they can be implemented in resource constrained computing platforms.
Average Salary: 3 Lakhs to 5 Lakhs Per Annum
Powertrain Engineers: Roles and responsibilities
- The Power Train Engineers are required to develop and work on powertrain systems in electrical vehicles.
- The electric vehicles will have a completely different power train system as the old IC engines will be replaced by the battery system.
- The powertrain engineers are required to develop calibration methods and tools, especially for diesel engines
- The powertrain engineers are responsible to Implement new engineering changes according to latest technologies
- The powertrain engineers are responsible to work with engineering functions, suppliers, plant personnel and others to implement cost reduction, methods improvement, product improvements, and to support build programs
- The powertrain engineers are responsible to execute product plans Communicates information to and from internal and external customer organizations
- The powertrain engineers are responsible to coordinate and consult with departments outside engineering such as manufacturing
- The powertrain engineers are expected to be aware of new and latest technology and other competitive products
Average Salary: 4 Lakhs to 7 Lakhs Per Annum
Telematics/Data Analytics Engineer: Roles and Responsibilities
- The Telematics/Data Analytics engineers are not directly related to electric vehicles but with the commencement of cloud computing and connected driving,
- The telematics engineers are required to collect the vehicles data to observe battery behaviour in various terrains and drive cycle and try to improvise based on the available data
- The telematics engineers are responsible to create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- The telematics engineers are required to assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- The telematics engineers are responsible to Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- The telematics engineers are expected to build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- The telematics engineers are expected to build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- The telematics engineers are responsible to work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with technical issues and support
- The telematic engineer is responsible to keep the data separated and secured
- The telematics engineers are responsible to create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- The telematics engineers are expected to work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
Average Salary: 5 Lakhs to 7 Lakhs Per Annum
Top Organisations hiring B.Tech/BE Electrical & Electronics Engineering-Electrical Mobility & Smart Systems
Some of the organisations are:
- Morris Garage
Electric Mobility and Smart Systems is the next innovation of automotive technology and has a lot of demand in future. There will be huge demand for skilled professionals especially in the electric automobile industry. So, the professionals with this degree can expect excellent career growth in this field.