The VTU has decided to introduce dual engineering degree courses from the current academic year.
- The students can join the dual engineering degree according to the NEP 2020 policy.The students who are opting for dual engineering have to study extra two or three more years according to their chosen subjects to get a dual degree from VTU.
- The students interested in a single engineering degree can complete in 4-years as a normal degree, The students looking for dual degrees that are interconnected to their subjects will have to study 6 years and they will be awarded with dual engineering degrees that are relevant to their degree.
- If the students want to study two engineering degrees that are not connected to each other, then they have to study 7-years to get awarded with dual degrees.
- For instance, if the student who has joined for B.Tech/BE Mechanical Engineering, if he/she chooses (3D Printing/Mechatronics/Additive Materials/Machine Design etc) then they are awarded with a dual degree of Mechanical Engineering and (or any relevant subject that is connected to Mechanical), then they have to study dual degrees for 6-years (4+2 Years). Suppose, if the B.Tech/BE Mechanical student chooses to study two different degrees (civil/computer science/biotechnology etc) that is not connected to mechanical, then they have to study dual degrees for 7-years (4+3 Years).
Few days ago, AICTE had given the option to introduce a two years and three years degree format for dual engineering degree programmes.
- The changes were based on the NEP 2020 policy, which recommended the implementation of the dual degree courses in all the subjects.
- Additionally, VTU also announced to introduce full-time vocational courses, as for the four-plus-two-year double degree in engineering course.
- The students would be allowed multiple entry and exits during the first four years of the BE/B.Tech, but the additional two years would require continuity with no multiple entry or exit points.
The students can get more details by calling us at: +91 9538915037. The students can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.