The IIT-Kharagpur has announced that GATE Exam 2022 registration opens from 30th August 2021 and the application process for GATE Exam 2022 will be starting from today. The last day for application for GATE Exam 2022 is September 24th 2021 (without late fees).
The GATE Exam 2022 will be conducted on February 5th , 6th , 12th , and 13th 2022 in two sessions each day. The GATE Exam will be conducted in Computer Based Test (CBT) online mode. The morning session starts from 9 AM to 12 PM and the afternoon session will start from 2.30 PM to 5.30 PM.
The candidates appearing for Geology and Geophysics (GG) papers in GATE exam 2022, will be given separate scores for selection procedures. The candidates appearing in one or two papers are required to fill only one GATE application form 2022. The candidates appearing for more than two papers will have to pay the GATE 2022 application fee separately for all the papers.
The GATE Examination for CE, CS, EC, EE, and ME papers in GATE 2022 will be held in multiple sessions. The candidates are required to appear for the examination only once in the multiple sessions of the same paper.
- The candidate who is currently studying in the third or higher years of any undergraduate degree program or has already completed any government-approved degree program in engineering/ technology/ architecture/ science/ commerce/ arts is eligible to appear for the GATE 2022 examination.
- There is no age limit to appear for the GATE 2022 examination
The GATE 2022 examination is completely objective. The GATE Exam paper will include some multiple-choice questions (MCQ), while the remaining questions may include multiple-select questions (MSQ) and/or numerical answer type (NAT) questions.
What’s New in GATE 2022?
- The eligibility criteria to appear for GATE-2022 have been expanded from this year, now the candidates with BDS and M.Pharm degrees are also eligible for GATE exam
- The GATE exam has introduced two new papers to the list of subjects and now there will be a total of 29 subjects in GATE 2022.
The two new papers are:
- Geomatics Engineering (GE)
- Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering (NM)