What is Mechanical Engineering?
- The B.Tech/BE Mechanical Engineering is an 4-year undergraduate course that is divided into 8-semesters
- The course gives a detailed understanding of the principles of engineering, physics and materials science for the design, analysis manufacturing and maintenance of mechanical systems
- The course trains the students on different analysis & problem-solving skills and also involves the technical training skills to face challenges of the present-day engineering
- The course gives a detailed understanding of the everyday machinery that ranges from a small toy motor to the huge ship propellers. The students will be learning the detailed functionality of these machines
- The mechanical engineering deals with the principles and problem-solving techniques of engineering from design to manufacturing to the marketplace for any object
- The mechanical engineers analyse their work using the principles of motion, energy and force ensuring that designs function safety, efficiently and reliably all at the competitive cost
- Virtually every product or service in modern life has probably been touched in some way by a mechanical engineer to help humankind.
To get more fun facts about B.Tech Mechanical Engineering Please Click Here
Eligibility for B.Tech/BE Mechanical Engineering
- The students who have completed their PUC or 10+2 with a science background can join the B.Tech/BE Mechanical Engineering course.
- The students who have scored 50% (General) and 45% (OBC/SC/ST) aggregate in science stream with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computer Science, Electronics and Statistics are eligible to join to B.Tech Mechanical engineering
- The students interested in this course are required to qualify competitive exams like CET/COMED-K/JEE with high marks in order to get merit seats in various colleges.
To get more information about different entrance exams for B.Tech Mechanical engineering course Please Click Here
The students with relevant qualifications can join B.Tech/BE Mechanical Engineering courses by two modes.
- Merit Admissions
- Direct Admissions
Let’s discuss in detail
1. Merit Admission
- The students who are interested to join B.Tech/BE Mechanical Engineering degree should mandatorily appear for CET/COMED-K/JEE or institutional-based entrance exams and undergo counselling to choose their desired colleges for merit seats.
- The engineering college allots the merit seats to the students according to their rankings and marks obtained by them in their entrance exams and marks scored in PUC or 10+2
There are two types of counselling for the students
Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) Counselling
- The students who are interested to join to the merit seats in government engineering colleges and other engineering colleges affiliated to the government should undergo the counselling procedures of Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA)
- The engineering colleges under the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) are affiliated to the Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU).
- The students who are interested to join the private autonomous engineering colleges and deemed universities should undergo COMED-K counselling
- The private colleges and deemed universities should be affiliated to All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE)
2. Direct Admission
- The students have another option of getting admission to B.Tech/BE Mechanical Engineering course by direct admission process.
- The students are given direct admission to their desired colleges under management quota
- The direct admission students enjoy many special privileges like that they are not required to apply for any entrance exam for getting admissions, choose their desired college for admissions etc
To get more details about admission to B.Tech Mechanical Engineering, the students can call us at +918095797575. The students can send email to: email@example.com
Career & Scope for B.Tech/BE Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical engineering is considered to be the evergreen branch of engineering that deals with concepts like kinematics, structural analysis mechanics, thermodynamics, robotics, fluid mechanics, with their applications in automotive sector, power sector, refrigeration and air conditioning and aerospace.
- The technological advancement and broadening of scope the prospects of mechanical engineering are expanding beyond geographical boundaries creating more avenues of skilled mechanical engineering students
- There is a growing demand for the skilled mechanical engineers across the globe with new roles and responsibilities are being created across different sectors of industry
Some of the important job roles available after B.Tech/BE Mechanical Engineering are:
Materials Engineer: The materials engineer is responsible to select the best materials based on the project requirements. They are also required to test good materials for their resistance power from external forces.
Salary Range: 4 lakhs to 6 lakhs per annum
Automotive Engineer: The automotive engineers are responsible to create, edit and improve design using CAD softwares. They are also responsible to test the performance, integrity and safety of the new components and prototypes.
Salary Range: 5 lakhs to 7 lakhs per annum
Maintenance Engineer: The maintenance engineers are required to create, evaluate and improve the maintenance strategies and procedures. They are also responsible to swap old parts with new ones and check the safety and stability of mechanical systems
Salary Range: 3 lakhs to 5 lakhs per annum
Marine Engineer: The Marine engineers are responsible to create, access and improve designs of new water vessels. They are also responsible for design propulsion and other mechanical systems for various watercrafts like boats, cargo ships, submarines etc.
Salary Range: 6 lakhs to 8 lakhs per annum
Top Organisations hiring B.Tech/BE Mechanical Engineering students
Some of the top organisations hiring B.Tech/BE Mechanical Engineering students are:
- Toyota Kirloskar
- Power Plants
- Adani Steel
- Tata Powers
- Reliance Powers