Introduction to Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Electrical engineering and electronics field usually deals with heavy electric current mechanisms, high voltage power systems and heavy electric apparatuses. Electrical & Electronics engineering is a growing and one of the most sought disciplines with the electrical engineering and electronics engineering.
About B.Tech/BE Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- The B.Tech/BE Electrical & Electronics Engineering is an 4-years undergraduate course that is divided into 8-semesters
- The course indulges in the study and application of electricity and electronics
- The course is designed to provide skills and knowledge about the electrical, electronic and computer-based systems
- The main aim of the course is to impart the knowledge on certain aspects of fundamental, electrical engineering and its wider applications in electronics engineering
- The course deals with the basic engineering concepts and its application in various electrical machinery and various related fields such as designing of an electrical circuit, automation, vehicle manufacturing, electronics design, smart city planning, smart grid etc
- The Electrical and Electronics is a branch of engineering concerned with the practical application of electricity in all its forms, including those of the field of electronics
- The Electronics is that branch of electrical engineering concerned with the uses of the electromagnetic spectrum and with the application of such electronic devices as integrated circuits and transistors
Eligibility of B.Tech/BE Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- The students who have passed PUC or 10+2 with science background with can join to B.Tech/BE Electrical & Electronics Engineering course
- The students interested in joining B.Tech/BE courses are required to qualify competitive exams like CET/COMED-K/JEE with high marks in order to get merit seats is various colleges
The students with relevant qualifications can join the B.Tech/BE Electrical and Electronics course by two modes.
- The students who are interested to join B.Tech/BE Electrical & Electronics Engineering degree should mandatorily appear for CET/COMED-K/JEE or institutional-based entrance to choose their desired colleges for merit seats
- The engineering college allots the merit seats to the students according to their rankings and marks obtained by them in their entrance exams and marks scored in PUC or 10+2 in the counselling sessions
There are two types of counselling for the B.Tech/BE students
1. Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) Counselling
- The students who are interested to join the government engineering colleges and other engineering colleges affiliated to the government should undergo the counselling procedures of Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA)
- The students are required to complete the counselling procedures to join the B.Tech/BE electrical and electronics courses
- The engineering colleges under the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) are affiliated to the Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU)
- The KEA counselling is limited only to students of Karnataka who fulfil the domicile requirements
- The students who are interested to join the private autonomous engineering colleges and deemed universities that are affiliated to All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) are required to apply for the COMED-K counselling procedures
- The students should qualify the COMED-K counselling procedures to get admission to their desired private autonomous engineering colleges or deemed universities for Engineering programmes
- The students have another option of getting admission to B.Tech/BE Electrical & Electronics Engineering course by direct admission process.
- The students are given direct admission to their desired colleges under management quota
- The direct admission students enjoy many special privileges like that they are not required to apply for any entrance exam for getting admissions
- They have an option to choose their desired colleges and universities and book their seats in advance even before the starting of the academic year
Career & Scope
- The job scope for B.Tech/BE Electrical & Electronics Engineering is abundant and highly completed owning to the greater demand in technical advancements in the field of electronics and subsequent advancements in the field of electrical studies
- The electrical and electronics engineers are usually hired in electrical generating units, they are responsible to ensure that electricity is distributed evenly throughout
- The B.Tech Electrical and Electronics engineers are required in hydroelectric plants
Some of the job roles available are
Electronics Engineer: The electronics engineers design, develop and test components (capacitors, diodes, resistors, transistors), devices, systems or equipment that use electricity as part of their source of power, from cell-phones and computers to refrigerators and heating systems. Electrical engineers can engage in any stage of a project for creating electronics, from the brief planning to the design, manufacture and testing.
Average salary of an electronics engineers ranges around 4 lakhs to 6 lakhs per annum
Navel Electronics Engineer: Marine/Navel electronics engineers develop the engines of ships and deal with electrical and electronic engineering operations, maintenance, and repairs on generators, motors, transformers, and emergency power systems on all types of vessels. They also make efficient measurements and operations of the electrical power generation, distribution and consumer machinery. They are essential to the safety of marine travel
Average salary of navel electronics engineer ranges from 5 lakhs to 7 lakhs per annum
Automotive Electronics Engineer
The automotive sector, electronics engineers manage the creation, operation, maintenance and test of all tools, instruments and components of a car that involve electric power. The Automotive Electronics engineers take care of engine controllers, safety systems such as air-bags and antilock brakes, battery, motor, radio, navigation systems, electric locks, electric windows, etc.
Average salary of the automotive electronics engineer ranges from 5 lakhs to 8 lakhs per annum
Aerospace Electronics Engineer:
The Aerospace Electronics engineers work in the aerospace industry and get involved in many diverse activities like designing the interface that transfers electricity from the engine to the aircraft to designing and operating board-computers, guidance systems, communication systems and networks, radar and ground stations or even entire satellites.
Average salary of the aerospace electronics engineer ranges from 6 lakhs to 8 lakhs per annum
Top Organisations hiring B.Tech/BE Electrical & Electronics students
Some of the top organisations hiring B.Tech/BE Electrical & Electronics students are:
- Kirloskar Electronics
- Schneider Electronics
- GE Electricals