The National Testing Agency (NTA) announces the new date for the JEE Advanced Exam which was postponed due to Covid 19 restrictions. The JEE (Advanced) Exam which was previously scheduled to be conducted on July 3rd 2021 will be postponed and it will be conducted on 3rd October 2021.The JEE (Advanced) Exam will be conducted in Computer Based Test (CBT). The JEE (Advanced) exam consists of 2 papers, Paper 1 and Paper 2. The Paper 1 is conducted from 9.30 am to 12.00 pm. The Paper 2 is conducted from 2.30 pm to 5.30 pm.
About JEE Exam
JEE is Joint Entrance Exam is conducted for getting admissions to Architecture & Engineering courses in IITs, NITs, IIS.C and Central Funded Institutions of the country . The JEE Exam is divided into 2-Phases (1) JEE Mains and (2) JEE Advanced.The JEE exam provides a great opportunity for aspiring engineering and architecture courses. The students who are interested to join these elite exams have to qualify both JEE Mains and JEE Advanced Exams.
With the JEE (advanced) exam the students can get admissions to the following courses:
- B.Tech/BE, M.Tech/ME-5-years Dual Degree
- MTech, MSc, Dual Degree-5-years Integrated Masters
New Eligibility Criteria for JEE (Advanced) Exam
- The students who have secured a minimum of 75% marks or rank among the top 20 percentile in class 12 board exams are eligible to JEE (Advanced) Exam.
- Age Limit: The students from the General category should have been born on or after October 1, 1996. The students from reserved category candidates (SC/ST/PwD) will be given an age relaxation of 5 years and they should be born on or after October 1, 1991.
- Qualifying Examination: The students should have passedPUC or Class 12th exam in 2020. The students who are appearing for the exam in 2021 are also eligible for JEE Advanced.
- JEE Main Exam: The students who have qualified JEE Mains Exam are eligible to apply for JEE (Advanced) Exam.
- Number of Attempts: The students will have 2 attempts to take the JEE (Advanced) Exam.
Seat Reservation Criteria for JEE (Advanced)
The seat reservation criteria for students taking up JEE (Advanced) exam is
2 Seats in each Institute
The JEE (Advanced) Exam is conducted across 200+ centres across the country.
Some of the new changes in the JEE(Advanced) Exam 2021
- The eligible students who couldn’t appear for the JEE (Advanced) exam due to COVID-19 restrictions can take up JEE(Advanced) Exam 2021.
- The female seat quota reservation for the 2021 is decided individually and it will be ‘supernumerary’ based on the girl students who are taking the JEE(Advanced) exam.
- The 75% minimum requirement is waived for the year 2021 due to Covid 19 restrictions. The students who have passed the board exams are eligible to take up JEE(Advanced) Exam 2021.
List of Engineering Colleges Accepting JEE Advanced Scores
- RV College of Engineering
- MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology (MSRIT)
- PES University
- BMS College of Engineering
- Bangalore Institute of Technology (BIT)
- Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering
- PES Institute of Technology (South Campus)
- BMS Institute of Technology and Management (BMSIT)
- Dayananda Sagar Academy of Technology and Management
- Dayananda Sagar University (DSU)
- RV Institute of Technology and Management
- MS Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences - Bangalore
- CMR University
- Christ University
- Jain University
- Acharya Institute of Technology (AIT)
- New Horizon College of Engineering
- Presidency University
- East Point College of Engineering and Technology
- T. John Institute of Technology
- Brindavan College of Engineering
- HKBK College of Engineering
- RR Institute of Technology
- SJB Institute of Technology
- SEA College of Engineering and Technology
The students can get more details about the JEE Advanced exam by calling us at:+91 9538915037. The students can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org to know more about the top engineering colleges in Bangalore.