Introduction to Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) are arguably the most transformative technologies available to mankind today. Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning have the potential to completely disrupt most industries and organisations, which means that everyone needs to understand the basics of this fast-evolving field and consider the implications on their career and business.The B.Tech Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning course is one of the popular engineering courses that is offered by many top engineering colleges in Bangalore.
- Artificial Intelligence is creating more impact than the invention of the personal computer and the spread of mobile phones
- Rather than trying to embody machines with everything they need to know upfront, the artificial intelligence professionals help the machines to learn from the observations happening around
- Through the advancements of the technology, engineers today can develop a machine that can learn on its own
- The machine learning basically seeks to create predictive models and algorithms, giving the computers the ability to carry out tasks without being explicitly programmed
- In the last few years, artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies have moved us forward in technology stakes faster than we imagined
- The demand for artificial intelligence and machine learning professionals in increasing day by day and it is predicted to stay in the future
- The B.Tech Computer Science Engineering (AI & ML) is a 4-years undergraduate course that is divided into 8 semesters
- The course is designed to make the students professionally and technically sound in advanced learning systems that are based on algorithm of artificial intelligence
- The course develops the skills of creating fastest working apps or solutions integrated with analytical information ensuring 100% accuracy in the output
- The course imparts the detailed knowledge of the programming languages that are used in developing artificial intelligence and machine learning softwares and also devices
Eligibility for B.Tech/BE Computer Science & Engineering (Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Machine Learning (ML))
The students who have completed their PUC or 10+2 with science background can join the B.Tech/BE Computer Science & Engineering (Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning) course.
The students with relevant qualifications can join B.Tech/BE Computer Science Engineering (AI and ML) by two modes. The first one is merit-based admission and second one is NRI/Management quota admission.
Career and Scope
- The demand for B.Tech/BE Computer Science Engineering (AI & ML) is huge.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) is bound to revolutionise the future tech industry.
- The AI and ML are now at nascent stage and it is set to create a shift in the tech industry.
- It is estimated that by 2025 the demand for AI and ML skilled professionals will increase by 40% and the tech giants will adapt this technology for their daily business.
- Now the industry is looking for skilled AI and ML professionals and are ready to pay a handsome salary. The interested students can join to masters by joining to M.Tech/ME or MS programmes in AI and ML.
Job Roles available for B.Tech/BE Computer Science Engineering (AI & ML)
Some of the important job roles available are:
Artificial Intelligence Engineer: Roles and Responsibilities
- The AI intelligence engineers are responsible to build AI models from scratch and help the different components of the organisation
- The AI intelligence engineers are also responsible to build data ingestion and data transformation infrastructure
- The AI intelligence engineers are required to automate infrastructure that the data science team uses
- The AI intelligence engineers are responsible to coordinate with other team members
- The AI intelligence engineers are expected to create and manage the AI development process and overall infrastructure of the product
- The AI intelligence engineers are responsible to conduct statistical analysis and interpreting the results so that they can guide the organization's decision-making process
- The AI intelligence engineers are responsible to develop infrastructures for data transformation and ingestion
- The AI intelligence engineers are responsible to build new and innovative AI models
- The AI Intelligence engineers are expected to explain the usefulness of the AI models
- The AI Intelligence Engineers are responsible to create to a wide range of individuals within the organization, including stakeholders and product managers
- The AI intelligence engineers are expected to transform the machine learning models into APIs that other applications can interact with
Salary: The salary ranges from 3 lakhs to 5 lakhs per annum
Machine Learning Engineer: Roles and Responsibilities
- The Machine Learning Engineers one is responsible to perform statistical analysis, fine tuning of test results
- The machine learning engineers are also responsible to train and refrain ML systems by working on different frameworks
- They are required to undertake machine learning test experiments and fix the bugs that they come across during their tests
- The machine learning engineer are expected to understand and use computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, computability and complexity and computer architecture
- The machine learning engineers are responsible to use exceptional mathematical skills, in order to perform computations and work with the algorithms involved in this type of programming
- The machine learning engineers are required to produce project outcomes and isolate the issues that need to be resolved, in order to make programmes more effective
- The machine learning engineers are required to collaborate with data engineers to build data and model pipelines
- The machine learning engineers are responsible to manage the infrastructure and data pipelines needed to bring code to production
- The machine learning engineers are responsible to build algorithms based on statistical modelling procedures and build and maintain scalable machine learning solutions in production
- The machine learning engineers are required to use data modelling and evaluation strategy to find patterns and predict unseen instances
- The machine learning engineers are required to apply machine learning algorithms and libraries
- The machine learning engineers are required to analyse large, complex datasets to extract insights and decide on the appropriate technique
- The machine learning engineers are expected to research and implement best practices to improve the existing machine learning infrastructure
Salary: The salary ranges from 4 lakhs to 6 lakhs per annum
Data Scientist: Roles and Responsibilities
- The Data Scientists work closely with business stakeholders to understand their goal and determine how data can be used to achieve those goals
- They design data modelling processes, create algorithms and predictive models using different AI and ML techniques, to extract the data required for the business needs
- They help to analyse the data and share insights with peers for new business developments.
- Identifying relevant data sources for business needs
- The data scientists are required to collect structured and unstructured data by sourcing missing data from different platforms
- The data scientists are required to build predictive models by converting and utilizing organised data in to usable formats
- The data scientists are required to building machine learning algorithms by enhancing the data collection process
- The data scientists are required to analyse data for trends and patterns and to find answers to specific questions
- The data scientists are required to generate information and insights from data sets and identifying trends and patterns
Salary: The salary ranges from 5 lakhs to 7 lakhs per annum
Data Engineers: Roles and Responsibilities
- The data engineers are vital members of analytics team in an organisation that works on machine learning projects
- The data engineers are responsible for finding trends in data sets and developing algorithms to help make raw data more useful to the enterprise using AI and ML technologies.
- They are responsible to build algorithms to help give easier access to raw data to the technical team using artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques
- The data engineers are required to Identify relevant data sources for business needs
- The data engineers are expected to Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- The data engineers are responsible to conduct research for industry and business questions
- Use large data sets to address business issues
- The data engineers are required to deploy sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning and statistical methods
Salary: The salary ranges from 5 lakhs to 7 lakhs per annum
AI and ML are the next big thing in the IT industry. There will be huge job creation in the field of AI and ML. The B.Tech AL and ML students can find ample job avenues in this upcoming field in days to come. Already AI and ML technologies have been implemented and this continues to increase in future.